11.29.2006

'Cause Mama Didn't Raise No Fool

As I embarked on my walk to work this morning I was surprised to hear 2Pac's Changes blaring from my iPod earphones. I didn't remember listening to 2Pac on my way home last night, nor was I particularly in the mood for a "2 Pack" joint, as my dad would call him. However, after a few bars, I realized that my iPod was trying to tell me something by shuffling to this posthumous anthem.

As a result, I've committed myself to a difficult, yet important change of my own. I'm putting myself on detox until, well, Saturday. At that point I'll dress up in a school tie and trousers in hopes of meeting some studious ladies in short skirts and knee highs at a club called School Disco (what else?).

I think I'm going to go as a teacher.

Rat tat tat tat tat, that's the way it is.

7 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

No knickers at School Disco.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CJ,
You are really scaring me! Drinking and not remembering what you did the night before and now 2pac!
Ok, WHO ARE YOU and What have you done with my NEPHEW???? Disco? Do your own a white suit too?

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A teacher of what?

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this "detox"? I keep making promises to myself like that, but we've officially reached the holidays, so it's a moot point. I will reconsider from rehab sometime in March.

8:11 PM  
Blogger cjb said...

Ahh, the joys of the holidays. I think it's approrpriate that "holiday detox" be defined to set us all up for success. Maybe no liquor - just beer and wine? Or perhaps only permitting drinking during and 8 hours after any family gatherings?

Discuss...

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I like the way you think. I'm going to go ahead and say that as long as I don't barf in public, I was appropriately restrained. Maybe I can say I won't do any shots or drive drunk. Given that over Thanksgiving weekend I passed out in no fewer than five different areas of my parents' home, I think I need to shoot low for celebrating Baby Jesus' birthday.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home