11.24.2006

Mission: Impossible

Wish me luck. Although I typically prefer to drink my holiday meals, in a few hours I'll be hosting 10 people for a reenactment of the first Thanksgiving. Coincidentally, this will be my first attempt at cooking a turkey, mashing potatoes, and opening a can of cranberry jelly and slicing it into little pieces (you wouldn't believe how many stores I had to go to to find those effing canned cranberries). Fortunately I've got some help.

I was surprised to have so many attendees after pitching the meal as a chance to be poisoned and relegated to a future of alcoholism and gambling addiction - but it just goes to show how far some people will go for free food, doesn't it? Although we may not be able to replicate the harsh, violent aftermath of that first Thanksgiving meal, with an even split of British, American, and Brazilian attendees I'm hoping for at least a little cultural warfare via Taboo or charades. And drinking, of course. U. S. A. ! U. S. A. !

I've got two friends and my mother on call beginning at 9am EST for support with any disasters. And there are sure to be some.

(Note the cans of Ready Whip in my fridge (well, a look-alike whipped substance, at least), which is what Thanksgiving is really about anyway.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cj,
I know you can cook, so I hope it turned out very well. You weren't trying to kill or mame any of your co-workers (especially the one that turned your sister into a floozy and shamed your family) were you?
Did you have pie? Glad you are trying to start those meaningful traditions for yourself.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home